CAS registry number
Yesterday, I had released a minor update of Chem4Data version 2.1.0. These minor changes are as follows:
● Added New Feature: Backup current database with an automated unique name format like “Chem4data(date)-(time).mdb”.
● Added New Feature: Select database (.mdb) file from backup folder.
Those who are not aware about Chem4Data, this is a short introduction:
Chem4Data is a free chemical database software developed in Visual Basic 6 language for Microsoft Windows systems. You can do modifications like add new record, edit existing record, delete record, update record etc without any internet connection, though the database file is stored in Chem4Data Program Folder. You can search chemicals according to 8 different fields. Database navigation is quicker than before by using keyboard arrow keys. Ascending and Descending records are just a click away. You can download Chem4Data latest version from this link:
Screenshots of Chem4Data 2.1.0:
Database Export Menu:
Chem4Data 2.1.0 Features:
* Maximum 1 MILLION records are supported.
* Database navigation by Next, Previous, First, Last buttons.
* Search database by 8 fields.
* Show info like Chemical Name, IUPAC Name, CAS Registry Number, EC Number, SMILES Code, Solubility, STP Outline, Melting Point, Boiling Point, Percent Purity, Molecular Formula, Molecular Weight, Equivalent weight, Physical Appearance, Specific Gravity, pH Value, Special Note and Chemical Structure.
* Associated Web links for every record.
* Sort records as ascending and descending order.
* All fields of a record are editable by a single click.
* Edit, Delete records and add New records.
* Save current record info as text (.txt), Word (.doc) or Excel (.xls) file.
* Print current record info
* Make quick backup of database file on PC with an automated unique name like “Chem4data(date)-(time).mdb”.
* Select & open database file from backup folder.
* Export entire database to MS Excel (.xls) file.
* Delete entire database by a single click, if you want to use a new database instead of deletion of records one by one manually.
* Shortcut keys for fast operations.
* Check for new version and Update instantly.
Keyboard Shortcut Keys:
Next Record: Right Arrow Key
Previous Record: Left Arrow Key
First Record: Up Arrow Key
Last Record: Down Arrow Key
Backup database: Ctrl + B
Select database: Ctrl + F
New Record: Ctrl + N
Edit Record: Ctrl + E
Update Record: Ctrl + U
Delete Record: Ctrl + D
Sort A to Z: Ctrl + A
Sort Z to A: Ctrl + Z
Open Web URL Link1: Shift + 1
Open Web URL Link2: Shift + 2
Print Record: Ctrl + P
Exit Program: ESC Key
Chem4Data Change log is available HERE
Your comments n suggestions are welcomed!!!