I have developed a new screenshot application for Android devices, works under System and Recovery modes as well and released “AndScreen version 1.0.0” for Windows XP / 7 (32 bit) systems.
AndScreen has made it very easy to capture Android screens in much lesser time than ever before. Screenshot images will be saved in a pre-defined folder with a unique file name.
Andscreen (System Mode):
AndScreen (Recovery Mode):
Also It has a built-in Screenshot Viewer component for fastest browsing.
AndScreen (Screenshot Viewer):
You can see all removable USB devices connected to computer and the information will be displayed in the format like:
USB > Removable > Drive (Letter)/ > Device Name :: Vendor ID :: Product ID :: Product Revision
AndScreen (Main Features):
● Ability to take screenshot of display screen (for Android devices only).
● Both System and Recovery modes are supported.
● Recovery mode only works with rooted phones.
● Ability to save and view screenshots in 4 different image formats ( png, tif, gif, jpg).
● No need to type any DOS command. AndScreen is the ONLY application which gives the simplest process to take screenshots and then examine these using its built-in Screenshot Viewer.
● Screenshots will be saved as a pre-defined format like “A(date)-(time).xyz” in C drive folder “AndScreenshots”.
● Monitor all the Removable USB devices connected to your computer like mobile phones, flash drives, memory cards (with card reader) etc.
● It has a built-in Screenshot Viewer with a special scrolling option for larger images.
● You must have Android SDK alongwith USB drivers installed on pc in order to use AndScreen application.
● You must locate the Android ADB folder “Platform-tools” in order to use “AndScreen” for the first time only.
● AndScreen is developed in Visual Basic 6.0 language under Windows XP SP3 machine.
● Supported Windows OS: XP/ 7 (32 bit)
You can download AndScreen from My Softwares Page link.
Possible Error Messages:
Error # 1 (a) : File Not Found: adb.exe. Please relocate default folder
(b) : File Not Found: AdbWinApi.dll. Please relocate default folder
(c) : File Not Found: AdbWinUsbApi.dll. Please relocate default folder
Solution: Android SDK must be installed on your PC in order to use “AndScreen” software because “AndScreen” will use above three missing files which are a part of Android SDK package. Read this tutorial for the easy installation of Android SDK package alongwith USB drivers.
Then Relocate the default folder “Platform-tools” by Manual or Automatic process. Then “Save” this location and restart “AndScreen” software. You will never see above error messages again.
Error # 2: “File Not Found: fb0.raw. Process Stopped !!”
Solution: Disconnect your mobile from PC and reconnect again. Also restart “AndScreen” software. Make sure that your can see your android phone information in the black horizontal screen like this:
System Mode (for non-rooted/ rooted phones):
Recovery Mode (for ROOTED phone only):
Above screenshots are taken by using Rooted QMobile Noir A2 which is a Mediatek MT65xx device.